Services & Philosophy
Dr. Eaker is aware he cannot be everything to everybody. He chooses not be a “jack of all trades and master of none.” Dr. Eaker is experienced in all levels of general dentistry but has chosen to limit his practice to primarily adult restorative treatment (age 10 and up generally), with special emphasis on patient comfort, good diagnosis, good communication, and esthetic dentistry.
He was one of the first dentists in the area to routinely place tooth-colored fillings, beginning in 1985. His passion is conservative treatment with integrity. He would rather minimize treatment and preserve enamel than do aggressive dentistry.
Dr. Eaker is an educator, not a salesman. His goal is educating you on achieving the level of dental health you desire and giving options to get there.
Children & Teenagers
We generally begin seeing patients at age 10, but can start earlier if they don’t need the visual entertainment, tiny chairs and pizzazz of the pediatric practice. Our area has many fine pediatric dentists. Just as you send your children to a pediatrician, we think pediatric dentists are ideal for really young children. Many pre-teens and teenagers have minimal dental needs and we usually start them as new patients with our hygienists and provide their examination in the same visit. Our office manager will help assess the best direction to take. If you have a number of concerns or questions, starting with an examination with Dr. Eaker instead of a cleaning is the best path to maximize time for discussion and assessment.
Services we offer include:
- Bonding, to repair small chips or cracks
- Crowns & Bridgework, to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure and/or missing teeth
- Fillings, to make your teeth strong and healthy again
- Nightguards to protect teeth while you sleep
- Oral Cancer Screenings, to detect disease at a curable stage
- Periodontal (Gum) Disease Therapy, to prevent tooth loss
- Planning and Restoring Dental Implants, for the longest-lasting tooth replacement available today (utilizing local surgeons to help plan and place the implants)
- Porcelain Veneers, for repairing larger chips and cracks, and reshaping teeth
- Professional Teeth Cleanings, to maintain good oral health
- Sealants, to protect children's teeth from decay
- Some types of Removable Dentures, to help you smile again
- Teeth Whitening, to brighten a faded or discolored smile
- Tooth Extractions, when a tooth is hopelessly damaged or decayed
Emergency Dental Treatment
If you have a life-threatening or severe injury, call 911 or go directly to the nearest hospital emergency room. We can treat a variety of traumatic dental injuries, including teeth that have been chipped, moved, or knocked out entirely. Please call our office for assistance.